“Susan is an amazing attorney who is extremely knowledgeable, trustworthy, and collaborative.”
Attorney Susan Gibson has exclusively practiced family law for almost 15 years throughout Philadelphia with a current focus in Bucks and Montgomery Counties. She became a lawyer because of her fascination with how the law intersects with individual people and knows it may be your first time in the court system. That's why she offers honest guidance and upholds her reputation as a trustworthy litigator. Before founding Gibson Family Law, PLLC, she gained valuable experience with a nationally renowned Philadelphia law firm.
Her experience has taught her which battles are worth fighting, saving clients both time and money. However, she still provides hands-on support when clients need to take a stand. Her practical approach to the law paired with her exceptional client communication skills help simplify the process for her clients and get them the results they need.
Whether clients are dealing with complex divorce proceedings, child custody disputes, or abuse, Susan steps into their situation with compassion and leads them out of it.
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, JD
- Marymount University, MA in Forensic Psychology
- Loyola University Chicago, BS in Psychology, cum laude
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- The United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Tax Court
Awards & Memberships
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Appointed to the 2021-2022 PBA Family Law Section Rules Committee
- Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce
- Women in Business Committee
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, pro bono Roll of Honor, 2009
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP), Chancellor's Award, 2009
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Contempt & Enforcement
- Domestic Violence
- Equitable Distribution
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- No upcoming events at this time
- No past events at this time
Recent Blog Posts
How is Child Custody Decided in PA?
How Does Alimony Work in PA?
Retirement Accounts & Divorce in PA
The Most Common Mistakes in Divorce
Custody Rights of Grandparents in PA
Susan was a wealth of information and gave me many options to consider.When you're dealing with family law matters, it's hard to know who to trust and what your options are. Attorney Gibson has earned a reputation as a knowledgeable and honest family lawyer who's willing to do whatever is necessary to help you move on.